THIS STATEMENT WAS LAST UPDATED MAY 23, 2008
Xtra.ca and our parent company, Pink Triangle Press, are committed to protecting your privacy.
While many aspects of xtra.ca do not require you to register before using them, other areas require registration or membership. Personal information is collected through the registration and membership processes. Apart from using the information for those purposes, all data and findings collected through these means and used for statistical information is presented as anonymous or aggregated information. No personal information about individual users is released.
Anybody under 18 years of age should ensure that they have permission from their parent or guardian before posting any personal information.
Advertisers & Linked Websites
Xtra.ca's Mailing Lists
If you choose to subscribe to a mailing list operated by Xtra.ca, Capital Xtra, Xtra and/or Xtra West, some of these lists are currently operated and managed through Yahoo Groups or Facebook Groups. Membership and member privacy is subject to the terms, conditions and policies as outlined by Yahoo Groups or Facebook on their websites. Xtra.ca does not collect, record nor distribute any personal information from subscribers to Yahoo or Facebook Groups for any other purpose.
Other mailing lists are operated and managed by Xtra.ca. Personal information provided by subscribers will be used for this purpose. In addition, Xtra.ca and Pink Triangle Press reserves the right to pass on information so gathered to other employees of Pink Triangle Press and to develop marketing and sales information. All data and findings collected for these purposes will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information. No personal information about individual users is released.
Memberships, Polls & Contests
With regards to online polls, surveys or contests operated by Xtra.ca, from time to time we may ask for your email address or some other type of identifier. Any information collected by this means is used for that specific membership, poll, survey or contest. Xtra.ca will not trade, sell nor rent any email addresses or other personal information obtained through these features. Xtra.ca also collects specific information from people registering, becoming a member or participating in a poll or contest. This information includes income, age, location and gender.
Xtra.ca and Pink Triangle Press reserves the right to pass on information so gathered to other employees of Pink Triangle Press and to develop marketing and sales information. All data and findings collected for these purposes will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information. No personal information about individual users is released.
Statistics & Demographics
Xtra.ca may collect statistics and demographics about website usage and information about your computer, internet connection, your computer's IP address and geographic location, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you arrived at Xtra.ca via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page and the keyword(s) that you used.
This information is used for assessing usage patterns and demographics of site users; popularity and usage of site features and editorial content; compatibility of our site with popular browsers and operating systems; and, to assist us with our strategic planning and development and advertiser relations.
Xtra.ca and Pink Triangle Press reserves the right to pass on information so gathered to other employees of Pink Triangle Press and to develop marketing and sales information. Information gathered on xtra.ca may be passed on to other employees of Pink Triangle Press. All data and findings collected for these purposes will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information. No personal information about individual users is released.
Changes to this Statement
Please note that Xtra.ca's privacy statement may be updated and/or revised at any time, without notice to users.
THIS AGREEMENT WAS LAST UPDATED JUN 5 2008.
We do not wish to censor or police the information being posted here, nor do we have the time to monitor every posting. To keep this forum comfortable and safe for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans (which includes people of all ages, races, religions and nationalities) and to prevent abuses by a few people and certain groups, we have established the following terms and conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE:
User Agreement. This Agreement constitutes your agreement with Pink Triangle Press ("PTP") with respect to your use of the Service. You must agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to become or remain an authorized user of the Service. As used in this Agreement, "we" and "us" means PTP, or any successor or assign of PTP.
Right to Use. Your right to use the Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may also impose certain limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
Service Guidelines. You agree and undertake that you will comply with the following guidelines when using the Service:
- you will not use the Service to restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Internet;
- you will not use the Service to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, racist, ageist, or defamatory information, advertisements, pictures or communications that contain offensive language or images of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, provincial, state, national or international law;
- you will not use the Service to post, or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- you will not use the Service to distribute, promote or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation for funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services, except within specific circumstances as deemed appropriate at our sole discretion;
- you will not use the Service to post advertisements or other information that, at our discretion are deemed by us to be an insincere or otherwise non-serious use of the Service;
- you may not use the Service for any unlawful purpose or to promote any unlawful activity;
- you may not use the Service to post information, advertisements, communications or pictures for the purposes of interference or entrapment by law enforcement or security agencies, media, or any other person or agency;
- you will not post information, advertisements, pictures or communications or use the Service in any way which violates, plagiarizes or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to any copyright or trademark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights;
- you represent and warrant to us that any persons depicted on the Service in any way are over 18 years of age and that you will not depict any person as being under 18 years of age;
- you will ensure that any information, advertisements, pictures or communications you post on the Service do not contravene any criminal or other laws relating to obscenity, pornography, child pornography, or otherwise;
Monitoring of Information. While we do not and cannot preview or review all items posted on the Service, we reserve the right to monitor all information, advertisements, pictures and communications for acceptability.
Removal of Information. We reserve the right, without limitation, to move, delete or edit any and all advertisements, information, pictures or communications posted on the Service, that we in our sole discretion deem to violate the Service Guidelines set out above or to be otherwise unacceptable.
Privacy and Use of Information. You understand and acknowledge the following:
- we cannot ensure the security or privacy of information you provide through the Internet and by electronic mail, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such information by other parties;
- we are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to other parties;
- you should use caution in releasing personal information to others through the Service;
- we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the Service, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications you may receive from other users;
We cannot guarantee, and assume no responsibility for verifying the accuracy of any information provided by users of the Service.
Ownership in Posted Materials and Rights to Incorporate Into Database and Use. You represent that you are the sole owner of all rights in materials posted by you (including all related copyrights) or that you have the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While you will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials posted by you, you agree that all materials posted by you shall become part of a database, and that we will own the compilation copyright in that database. In addition, you hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such materials, any portions of such materials and any derivative works created from such materials, in print, telecommunication, electronic and other media, by any means or technology now known or developed in the future. We may sublicense all of our rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither we nor any third party using the materials in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay you any royalties or other compensation for use of the materials.
No Responsibility. You acknowledge and agree that use of the Service is at your own risk and that we are not responsible for any incidental, consequential, special, punitive, exemplary, direct or indirect damages of any kind whatsoever that may arise out of or relate to your use of the Service, including any personal meetings or encounters you may engage in that may arise out of or relate to your use of the Service.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, from any loss or damages, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees, which we may suffer from your activities on or use of the Service, including without limitation, any breach by you of this Agreement or any charges or complaints made by other parties against you. You shall cooperate as full as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you; provided, however, that you shall remain liable for any such claim.
Modifications. From time to time, we may modify or otherwise amend this Agreement. Notification of any such changes will be posted on the Service or sent via electronic mail at our sole discretion. If you do not agree to any modifications, you must terminate your use of the Service. Your continued use of the Service now, or following the posting of any modifications to this Agreement, will constitute a binding acceptance by you of this Agreement, or any subsequent modifications.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation. This web site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this web site.
Governing Law and Severability. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. Each of the provisions of this Agreement shall apply to full extent permitted by law, and the invalidity in whole or in part of any provision shall not affect the remainder of such provisions or any other provisions.