If we could summarize the Golden Globes in one perfect GIF, it would be this:
But we can't summarize them, since that would be lazy, so let's gloss over everything that happened tonight, shall we?
- First and foremost, Jodie Foster won the Cecil B DeMille award and used her speech to not only sorta come out of the glass closet, but she also announced her retirement from acting, instead opting to go full-time into directing. It was a touching, beautiful moment, slightly offset by the fact that they kept cutting to Mel Gibson.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted and were pretty much the best part of the night. The opening monologue was hilarious, they randomly popped up in the audience for quick visual gags and even managed a shot at Taylor Swift. Speaking of . . .
- Adele won the award for Best Song, for "Skyfall," beating out the aforementioned Swift. Swift, now devoid of the opportunity to feign surprise while she accepted an award, shot Adele the most resentful side-eye ever. Between Adele and Tina Fey, Swift now has enough material for a new album.
- Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell did a really great sketch that Tommy Lee Jones did not appreciate one bit.
- Famous rich people won awards and were reassured of the fact that they are rich and famous.
- Amy and Tina closed off the show by making a joke about having a threesome with Jodie Foster. THE BEST.