Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Our favourite Montreal-based lesbian band of awesome is back with a video featuring Big Freedia!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
This was the worstest of times and the bestest of times.
- Café Cléopatre's future: was in jeopardy/people rallied for the saving of the historic venue/may be saved?
- Glam Gam Productions did some shit! And we are all the better for it. Thanks neon-wearing, naked kids!
- Mark Dailey, died
- North Korea... weirdness
- Chilean Miners' rescue: awesome
- Kate McGarrigle, died
Fire, cures malaise
- Aquafit and lane swimming, room temperature vat of water anyone? It's like the womb
- Caribou YES, more electric tinkerings like these!
Soundsystem dude know muzak
- Leslie Nielsen, died
- G20, gross abuse of power, mass arrests and dissent, a sign of the times
Stevens, feels good on the heart
- LIP SERVICE, AKA GlasGay. The TV series that made us believe in Scottish TV lesbians again
- Nicolo Rizzuto, aging Sicilian godfather of the Montreal crime clan, killed
Bells, the girls know how to make the guitar reverb and make noise and shit
- Florentines, Italian cookie recipe
- YOGA, the gentle kind
- Shad Hipitty to the hoppitty. Canadian rap is moving along
- Rae Spoon. What an awesome year for him
- Jess MacCormack, an artist that holds hands with strangers, draws beautiful things and looks at folks with authenticity (you can catch her teaching art at Concordia these days)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
That's MY BOY right thurr! Jef penned a catchy song for once, and I really like it. I always knew you could do it son! It sounds a little like New Order meets Joy Division?!?
DLD the MP3 here
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
La musica des nuda!
Also, Jaimee Lee what a specialest girl you are. Cutest straight girl ever AMIRITE?
Also, check out the Pride parade honourable mentions... here.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010